A work-life balance is important for health. As an office worker usually spends 8 to 9 hours a day in their office. Office hygiene and a healthy environment are essential to improve physical and mental health. Additionally, sound health leads the person to perform productively and inclusive tasks at the office or anywhere. So it’s advisable to clean up regularly. For that, you can hire office cleaning Sydney professionals as they will be equipped with the latest cleaning equipment.
But if you would like to do the cleaning for your small business then the following cleaning tips will help you to ensure everything is cleaned at your office.
Five Office cleaning tips for you to start with.
1. Start from your immediate surroundings.
Start with your nearby surroundings like (desk, computers, keyboard, mouse). By doing this, not only keeps your workplace dazzling or germs-free but prevents your electronic machines from dust and damage.
You spend a major part of your day in the office as desks in the office are used consistently all day long. Important paper documents, files, computers, food, and sometimes debris are placed on desks. So, why not start with it to get rid of unnecessary things?
Separate unnecessary files from your desk and dispose of food waste materials properly. After that, use a cleaner or wet piece of cloth to wipe the dust from desk, printer, telephone, mouse pad, computers, etc.
But before cleaning them make sure you unplugged electronics equipment. Then only spray a bit of bleach-free cleaning liquid onto a fluffy small cloth and wipe down your cables including electronic devices. It will only take 10 minutes to declutter your desk.
3. Organize your drawers
Most of the time things, get messy in your workplace due to the lack of mismanagement. Hence it’s advisable to manage your drawers systematically from time to time.
If confused then follow these ways:
- Empty your office drawers and put back the important items you often use.
- Organize your drawers by responsibility, orderly (categorize) i.e. [ stationery, documents, files, report, cables and other electronics, personal items, safety kid]
- Give priority to the top drawers.
- Remove everything that doesn’t belong to that drawer.
4. Cleaning schedule
Develop a cleaning schedule to properly manage the areas to work out. It would be really great, if you clean your workspace on a regular basis following (entire desk and drawers cleaning, office electrical safety checks, vacuum the books, folder, and files) which takes only 15 minutes. This tip is for an individual’s workstation. For corners, It will be quite challenging for employees to keep it clean and hygienic. For that task, you can rely on professional cleaning service Sydney providers for managing residual current devices, electrical appliances like heaters and fans, extension power boards and kitchen appliances, cleaning floors, carpets, windows, and maintaining office and employee hygiene and safety.
5. Do deep cleaning every six months
As compared to regular cleaning, deep cleaning is a time-consuming and inclusive task. It is necessary to do as it helps to –
- Eliminate bacteria, dirt, and grim which reduce the risk of illness
- Improve life span of the carpet, floor, and furniture
- Creates a healthy environment between employees which motivates them to perform productive works.
- Good impression to customers, visitors, and employees which promotes profits, resources and might offer new opportunities.
- A healthy environment or workspace is the key to success.
Regular cleaning maintains basic works such as:
- File management
- vacuuming carpet
- mopping windows, floor and surface area
- Declutter desk
- Quickly disinfect computers, printers, and telephone, etc.
- Disposing of waste materials.
Whereas deep cleaning maintains:
- Organizing or preserving an old document at safe storage room while growing digitally
- Adjustment of windows and draperies
- Plumbing office building (install and repair water supply and gas, fix sinks and toilets)
- Installation or replacement of furniture and equipment
- Restoring or removing stains from wood flooring or carpet, kitchen
- Upgrade or repair computer keyboards, monitors, and other machines
- Due to hidden grime and germs that affect the health of employees. It is necessary to do regular cleaning and deep cleaning every 6 months or once a year.
- Doing a deep clean provides a healthy environment workspace which increases productivity at work.
This article focuses on few cleaning tips to make your workplace clean. We hope these tips will give you an insight into how you can perform cleaning tasks on your own. But if you find it difficult to manage time then assign the cleaning responsibilities to professional cleaners. They will help you to get your workplace clean and sanitized. Additionally, this will maintain hygiene and boosts your staff’s overall performance by ensuring sound mental health.